CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, January 01, 2009

Dear Uncle Steve..........

Oh, Uncle Steve. This year has been the hardest year on all of us. I only pray you see the pain of your departure has put on each of your parents, your brother, your nephews, neices and myself. This was the first Christmas dinner you weren't here. You weren't running late for me to yell at you. I actually looked at the clock before we set down to dinner and wondered what time you would arrive. Almost an entire year later, and I can still hear your voice on the phone asking what time to arrive, and me knowing full well, to buffer it 1 hour for your prompt arrival! hehe. I was at a loss this year. I didn't know what to do for your mom, for your dad, for your brother or for Collin. You have always been an intregral part of this family and especially Christmas. Your packages always perfectly wrapped and your thoughfulness always sincere. I struggled the entire month wondering how we can still remember you, make it through the day, but perhaps start a tradition that we can do every year. You may not be here, but by golly, like it or not, my children and my husband will remember you. So, we bought you 2 balloons and each of us wrote a note to you and we sent them to heaven. I know you got them. I know you read them and I pray you help each and everyone of us find peace with your choice. We love you Steve and we miss you. My children miss you. My son Collin misses you and prays about you everynight with his "happy thoughts". You are special and will always be. I bet you, please help us. Please help mom, dad and your brother be whole again. If not whole, peace. We love you.

1 comments:

Jessica said...

Hi, I've been following your blog since you were pregnant with the triplets. Kids are beautiful and getting so big. I just wanted to say how sorry I am that you are still hurting so. Totally understandable. It's really nice to see the love that your entire family has for one another. May time heal your broken hearts. I hope the New Year provides you the time for healing.
Jessica