CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, September 04, 2008

S.O.S!

We have had a very busy week and holiday weekend! Nana & Papa joined us for the long weekend and we had some great quality time! I will post pics this weekend......HOWEVER, I am in dire need of help.................any advice or theories is greatly appreciated.

My kiddos have always been realtively great sleepers. About 7:00 everyone is down and out by 7:15. We put them in the beds, sippys & woobies and we leave the room. done. However, Cora has decided that an hour fussing session (not screaming, but load fussing) is required before bed. She stands at the gate trying to capure any attention she can. But wait, it gets better. She is also waking up evernight at 3:30 a.m. crying and will not go back down until she has someone laying with her or we cave and put her in bed with us. No fever, could be teething, could be bad dreams......i seem to recall Collin doing this about his seconde birthday....but help, momma needs some sleep. I haven't been sleeping well anyway, but this is the 5th night in a row, i need help.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Kim...
I miss your kids!
If I can help, I will...
I really want to graduate my Master and back to Nanny's life.
.... just 2 years .... Kim!
AMY (",)

Laurel said...

Try giving her tylenol or motrin before bed. Could be teething or minor ear ache.

Denise Wheeler said...

I sure wish I had some advice but I don't. I have been dealing with a very similar situation with one of my trio. I have tried motrin and benadryl to no avail. I just wanted you to know you are not alone on the sleep deprevation journey.

Katy said...

I had the same problem with Ella at that age. She would wake up around 3:00 yelling "my show" which meant she wanted to watch Noggin and wouldn't go back to sleep.

I tried all kinds of things, but some nights I would give her a shot of Motrin and prop her up on one end of the couch watching TV and I would try to sleep on the other end. Sometimes I am too tired to care if it is really a great idea or not! Eventually she would wear herself out and go back to bed. She is 2.5 now and hasn't done it in probably 4 months.

Sorry that is no real solution, but this too will pass!