CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, August 05, 2008

Sigh


We have finally completed school shopping. From backpack to erasers, we are done and mommy is sad. My little man is going to school. Not just preschool, but kindergarden. The first year of school. I am afraid I am going to blink and he will be a Senior or worse, graduating College. I know, I know, all things to be grateful for, but still, my baby is going to school. Collin has been the greatest joy for Chris & I. We often wondered what we did for 4 years before we had him. We prayed for so long for him to join our family and although our pregnancy was uneventful, we were so scared after so many losses that he would never be a reality. Well, look out school teachers.........he is totally a reality! Our handsome man..........He is animated, talented, smart and will keep you on his toes with his quick wit (and stalling) tatics. We joke that he will either land in politics for is excellent negoitation skills or in marketing because he can "spin" himself out of any hole he sometimes lands in. 15 days and counting before I put him on the school bus and bite my bottom lip with a sniffle.

2 comments:

Denise Wheeler said...

I remember the day my oldest went to school for the first time. He was so happy. I cried most of the morning. It wasn't any different with my oldest daughter. They are 18 and 16 now. Time does fly by.

Anonymous said...

Ok, so if you guys arenot doing anything Labor Day weekend, I think you should put the kids in the kiddie parade during DeSoto days. The website is desotks.org. There is no entry fee, you can dress up their train, Collin can decorate his bike and walk through town. If you know of any other families with multiples then perhaps you can make a "float" and enter in the main parade and win a prize. The web page tells what the parade theme is. Jarred will be riding with the other football players in their float. Itll be cool to see you guys walk by.
Tina... jay_rodmom@hotmail.com