CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, March 12, 2008

A Day at the DMV

What does DMV stand for?
Good News - NITA HAS HER LICENSE!!!!!
Bad news - the DMV sucks - I mean is a fully functional highly intelligent department of the State.

So, we wake up, feed the kids, load everyone up and head to GMA & GPA's house. I was very careful to ensure we had all documents we needed as we did with Amy a year ago.

8:00 a.m. Drop off the kids and make a mad dash to the DMV. Damn, need gas.

Must stay on target and get kids picked up and still sqeeze in morning nap. On the way........

Me: Nita, do you have your proof of residence? Thai License? J1 Visa? Form xxx that I can't remember? Proof of driving school? Bank statment? Card showing your school enrollment? etc etc etc
Nita: Yes, yes, yes, yes, yes
Arrive to the DMV from hell: Do you have....
Nita - yes, yes, yes
DMV: Do you have proof of employment
Me: yes, i am her employer
DMV: Do you have a letter to that fact?
Me: no, but I'll be happy to write one
DMV: I must check with my supervisor................
Supervisor to DMV clerk: An AuPair is a glorified babysitter, No, the letter must be typed and printed --- she needs a receipt showing her enrollment in school, her student id card isn't good enough................I am seriously fuming.
Me: Are you kidding me? I have to TYPE a letter and bring it back???? race home w/ Nita, type letter, print letter grab receipt/proof of school enrollment, we now have 12 official documents supporting Nita being in the USA.
DMV: Oh, your back
Me: yes, we are back.
DMV: I learned something today that a AUUUpppareeee is a Babysitter.
Me; No, Aupair means On par and it is an opportunity for someone from another culture to come the USA and learn our culture, live in our homes as a member of the family and earn an income.
DMV: So, she is a babysitter
Me: sigh --- Nita, lets get in line.
TICK TOCK TICK TOCK

DMV #2 - 15 minutes wading through paperwork. Well, looks like you have everything here
Me; you think?
DMV #2 - can you answer these 5 qustions yes or no....
Nita - no, no, no, yes, no
DMV #2 - sorry, can you repeat that, i wasn't paying attention
Me: NO NO NO YES NO
DMV #2 - I was just kidding

DMV #3 - cash only please
Kim: shit, shit shit runs to ATM to get cash to pay $22.00 license
We walk out with Nitas license AND the damn typed letter that proves she is employed by Chris & I.

Run pick up melting children with no nap and race home for lunch trying despartely for them not to take a car nap as to ruin the afternoon nap.

Home 12:00 p.m.
Nap 12:30 p.m. - still sleeping

I'm tired. Damn the DMV

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh! Kim...
It seemed a busy day but it was better than me because I got lost on the way too. Do you remember?
HaHaHaHaHa...silly me!
AMY (",)

Anonymous said...

It means Division of Motor Vehicles. I'm glad your frustrating day made me laugh!
Joany