CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Sara, bless you.

A dear friend from Chris's childhood sent this to us today. I hope it touches/helps 1 person that has ever had to deal with such tradegy. For some reason, this poem, helped me. it touched me, it didn't make me less sad or less angry but gave me a piece of hope. a little bitty small piece of hope. i truely hope that my brother in law, my husbands brother, my childrens uncle has found peace, has found completeness, has found love & has found happiness.

It was never my intention

To cause undue strain,

To crush your lives

Or fill your hearts with pain.

I felt your love,I knew you cared,

I cherished the wonderful Moments we shared.

Please don’t let it be said

That my life was in vain,

just couldn’t see through the darkness

ecause of the blinding pain

Don’t question yourselves

Don’t ask, “what could I do?”

The choices I’ve made

Were not because of you

I am here now

And the peace is divine.

I feel complete freedom

For the very first time

It’s beautiful Just as I dreamed it would be

No pain, no fear For eternity

Remember that I love you,

Always have and always will.

Dry away your tears

Let your emotions be still

And at the end of the day

When you’ve cried all you can,

I’ll quietly sit beside you

And hold on to your hand.

You’ll feel that I am near

In the wind, the rain, the sun

And you’ll know my life’s not over,

It has really just begun.

6 comments:

Heather said...

Kim and Chris,

I am so sorry for the loss your family is experiencing. Please know I am praying for you and your family as you all heal from his death. Hug them close and kiss them often and know that you are all loved and being prayed for.

Heather

Anonymous said...

Stephens family,
Please know that your family are in my thoughts and prayers. Suicide is hard to understand. My brother committed suicide 17 years ago and I still miss him like it was yesterday.

God Bless,
Nancy in IA

Stefanie~ said...

So sorry for your loss. Praying that you find peace.

Stefanie Baldwin

Laney said...

I'm so sorry for the losses in your family. We're praying for strength for everyone.

Talen William Stallings said...

Kim and Chris,
Mom told me what happened. I am so sorry!!We,too, have you in our thoughts and prayers! I know these words can't take away the pain for your loss, but wanted you to know you are loved dearly and are on our hearts!
With love,
Beth, Jeff, and Talen

Anonymous said...

Kim, when u read this at the service the other day~~~WOW!! I lost it. u are all in our thoughts and prayers during this difficult time.


MUCH LOVE,

Sarah